Saturday, July 10, 2010

True Friends Are Priceless

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

Yesterday's post made me think alot about my friendships and my dear friends. I am blessed to have some amazing close friends. I am more than blessed to have several close friends who let me be exactly who I am without any restraints. Some friends wouldn't be able to handle the full extent of my insanity and luckily, I always know which ones can handle that! And when that is the case, I also know that I have a partner in crime :) Someone who is just as crazy or more crazy than I am! It's pretty awesome!

And I am really blessed that I married my best friend. He is a great sounding board and a true soul mate. He keeps me on my toes with his odd jokes and strange comments at times, but he makes me laugh too. Jason is probably one of the most patient people I have ever met...and he needs it too, in order to put up with me! He walks beside me in all of my journeys and supports me in all endeavors. He's the best and I am glad he is mine!

To my dear sweet friends, I cannot thank all of you enough for the love, encouragement and support you have given me! Whether we've been friends forever or just a short time, you are all so dear to me. I cannot imagine my life without my friends who have each helped me along in my journeys. You are true treasures and I love you all!!

Here are a few quotes that I love on friendship...Enjoy!!

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~Author Unknown

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should. ~Author Unknown

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. ~Robert Brault

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik

A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably. ~William Penn

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. ~Flavia Weedn

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you." ~A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment