Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ready to Make A Comeback...

Today's workout was pretty awesome for me! I can't say that I lifted fantastically or that I was intense, but I can say that I was pretty soaked from all the sweating! Today was an ab, glutes, and back day. I came in a little sore from attempting the Insanity Fit Test yesterday. I did my best not to focus on it and to ease into the workout. Tye actually asked how I was feeling this morning and I just told him that I was a little sore and why. We both agreed that the Fit Test was not a good judge of my level of fitness right now and attempting to actually do it well at this point would be a bad idea and possibly cause me to re-injure myself.

Anyways, it was a pretty good workout. After a few sets of some of the exercises, my hip warmed up a bit more and I was able to do a little more than I expected. Also, we were doing one of the ab exercises and I got really nervous because at about 10, my hip started to pinch a bit and by 15 it was hurting a little more. So, that first set made me nervous. At which point, Tye also got a little more nervous. We agreed that we didn't want my pain level to go any higher than 5...so we'll stick with pain levels between 2 and 5 and that way he can continue to safely push me without pushing too hard.

After I finished with Tye, I headed to cardio cinema with my iPod for some cardio. I decided to do a little more interval jogging and ended up getting a nice rise in my heart rate and quite a bit more sweat! Then I finished up with some time on the elliptical. My cardio is where I applied some intensity today. I wanted to really keep my heart rate elevated and get a good burn in! And when I walked out of cardio cinema, my entire body was glistening with sweat! It was the first time in two months that I have walked out of the gym after training and cardio and been completely soaked! I cannot even describe how awesome that felt today!

Ultimately, I am starting to feel a bit more normal! That's a pretty great feeling for me!!! Thursday and Friday will be primarily cardio days this week but I think I may try out one of Insanity's ab workouts tomorrow. We'll see how that goes!!

Then tomorrow afternoon, Jason goes to have a flexor tendon release done on his fourth toe of his right foot. We'll be doing the procedure in the doctor's office if all goes well. Jason is a little worried about getting a local block to do the procedure but I think he will do fine. The recovery time for him is about 6 weeks. So, he gets a new chauffeur! LOL! I pray for his sake that all goes well tomorrow for him. It seems like just as I am healing up, Jason will be starting the healing process. I pray he heals quickly so that we can enjoy a semi-active summer :)

Over the next few weeks, my goal is to continue slowly getting back into my old workout routines. I hope to work my jogging up into running before my next appointment or at least be jogging at a better speed and for a longer amount of time. And I really hope to start putting some more intensity into my training with Tye!!! And well, there is Insanity!!! I cannot wait to be healed up enough to do the Fit Test and the rest of the workouts, but I am pretty pumped to try out the cardio and core sections :)

So, I would definitely say a comeback is on the horizon for me...and honestly, I cannot wait!!! Life is good and God is awesome!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm! I heard the Insanity Fit test is tough! I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I attempted the Fit Test yesterday and realized that EVERY one of the exercises was too strenuous for where my hip is right now! In a few more weeks, I think my hip will be ready to attempt the Fit Test without worrying that I will really hurt myself! I will let you know in a couple of weeks! For now, I will be sticking with just the core and cardio stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! Keep up the enthusiasm! You can do it! Julie W.

    ReplyDelete