Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm Free!!!

Finally!!! This morning I went in for physical therapy and told my therapist what the doctor said and she gave me the option to be released from therapy or stay for awhile. I asked her what her official opinion was and she said since I am an active person who spends a lot of time in the gym and have all the equipment I need, there was no reason for me to continue on in physical therapy since the doctor cleared me for jogging again. Ultimately, if I feel like I am having problems, I can always come back, but she felt it was time for me to start doing it on my own!!

So, yeah...I am free!! But my freedom doesn't give me the license to do anything stupid like overdoing it!! I will be starting out slowly...a little bit of jogging and light weights for strength training with the legs! My cardio can now have intensity and rather than jumping immediately back into an hour cardio session 5-6 days a week, I will stick with 30-45 minutes. I am going to insist that Tye give me my hour back so I can get back to 3 days a week with him. It will be slow-going at first but by the end of this month, I should be a lot closer to where I was before I tore my labrum!!!

I have to admit that it was a pretty awesome but also a bittersweet feeling when I heard that they were going to release me. I will miss my physical therapy sessions! I really like Amy, the head PT, and Christy, the receptionist! They are pretty awesome! Daniel has also given me some great advice in my running. I appreciate them all so much! And well, I will really miss making fun of the people who go into the gym next door!! There have been some hilarious people and outfits coming and going through those doors during my time there! I will go back by on Tuesday to say thank you to Daniel and take them some goodies (a fruit tray since Amy said no bad food!)

I really do feel like I am finally going to be getting back to where I was. I feel really great about that! It has been a very LONG 2 months! But I feel pretty awesome that I am being released back to my routine after only 8 weeks...the normal plan is 12 weeks! So, I am way ahead of the game and that feels awesome!! I thank God for the amazing healing that He has been doing. And I am thankful for the good health and active lifestyle that enabled my body to be in good shape and form to make a quicker recovery!! Praise God, He has set me free again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment