Saturday, July 17, 2010

Busy, Busy Week!!!

It has been super busy around here this week!! So busy that I have barely had time to blog and there have been several days I didn't even update my Facebook status (Horrors!!!)

Training has been pretty great this week. We were able to do legs on Monday and Wednesday. My legs hurt so badly on Tuesday that I knew that I had DOMS (delayed onset muscle strain)! Ouch!! I also got some more interval jogging in and was able to reduce my walking time some this week! I felt pretty great about that. I have not changed my speed much yet or the time. I am sticking with only 20 minutes of jogging for a little while to give my hip a slow return to running. And I have hit the elliptical rather strongly this week!

Jason had a good check-up Tuesday morning and they allowed him to be fully weight-bearing. We go back next week for stitch removal and see where things are then. I am hoping for another good report!

Wednesday night, I drove up to Charlotte, NC and met up with my friend, Julie. We have not seen each other in I would say about 12 years. It was great to see her and meet her friend, Amanda. Julie has lost 150 pounds and she looks amazing!! It was a great visit! We had dinner at McAllister's and then headed over to Concord Mills and window shopped!!

Thursday night, our friend, Chuck, came to stay with us for a few days. Chuck is a great friend and we enjoy hanging out with him. I had forgotten that Thursday night we also had a friend of a friend coming in to demo the Rainbow vacuum. Of course, I had no intention of buying a vacuum that cost over $2000!!! They asked me to vacuum my areas with most traffic with my vacuum and then with theirs. Their vacuum didn't really pick up a whole lot more stuff, so I really wasn't impressed. And frankly, even if I was, I wouldn't be paying that much money for a vacuum!!! That's insane!!!!

Friday morning, Chuck hung out for a bit with Jason after taking him to work. We, then, went and had lunch together and I ran out for a massage appointment! After a great massage, where I cracked Jeremy up by asking if I had to stretch muscles that I really didn't work that week? LOL, I was trying to get away with the fact that I hadn't stretched the upper body much...he laughed and I laughed too! My muscles felt pretty great after we were done!

I headed home after the massage and got changed. Chuck and I headed over to Harbison State Forest for a walk/hike. I let Chuck pick the trail because I almost always do Firebreak Trail. So, we ended up doing Midlands Mountain Trail with a small portion of Firebreak added on to it. Neither of us realized we were putting ourselves through 5.8 to 6 miles of a hike!! Towards the end, I was having some issues with my hip. It was starting to having a little bit of pain but nothing that was too intense! After the hike, we went to the grocery store and grabbed some stuff to grill.

After an amazing dinner, we settled in to watch a television show that Chuck really loves, Top Gear. It was pretty funny! I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Basically, there are three guys and they are challenged to buy vehicles and take them cross country. (At least that's what happened in the three episodes we watched...Botswana, North Pole, and Amazon. The shows were pretty humorous and to be quite honest I am not all that into cars, nor do I understand much about any of that technical stuff.

So, today, I am feeling a bit tired! I do have to go in to work a little later tonight, but for right now, I am just resting and recovering from such a busy week! Tomorrow is going to be busy too!!! But busy is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment