Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Love Productivity :)

It's been a busy weekend here for me. And not my usual kind of busy, where I am hurried here and there and can't seem to get everything done, but the productive kind! Yesterday, I was supposed to run with Cathy in the morning. However, we were unable to go because she was feeling under the weather. So, I crawled back into bed and caught a couple extra hours of sleep. When I got up I decided to fix some lunch and then Jason wanted to head over to his Mom's to help her do some rearranging. I declined going because I really, desperately wanted to get some major cleaning done in my own house. Normally, I would've gone along with him because I have such a hard time saying "No." However, I knew that if I went I would regret not getting my own house in order. And I always feel better when my house is cleaned!

So, I spent my entire afternoon super-cleaning the house! I vacuumed the rugs and I mean vacuumed...I am not sure there is any dust left in the carpets at all :) I scrubbed (on my hands and knees) the kitchen floor and got all the dirt out of the grout! I swept and mopped and scrubbed to my heart's content! I got all the laundry washed and dried and folded and hung up. I got all the dishes cleaned! I dusted. And overall, I was tired after I was done. But I felt accomplished because I finally after months of spot cleaning, got an overall deep cleaning on all the surfaces of the house! Then, Jason and I went out for dinner so I could keep the house clean for just a few more hours!

Today, I headed out to visit at my friend Jay's church. He was preaching this morning and had invited me. Jay is a great guy and very positive and encouraging to be around. I have heard him preach before and I have a couple of his sermons on CD and they are very good and thought-provoking and on point. So, I was happy to get the invite to come here him speak again. He and his wife, Jennifer, are the worship pastors at their church. Let me tell you...this couple is equally matched in their amazing talents. They complement each other so well. In all things you can tell that they were meant to be together. I love participating in their worship services because it is such a joyful and meaningful experience and what worship should truly be. And the sermon this morning was exactly what I needed to here. Jay was discussing atmospheres and how we need to guard our atmospheres and to not let other things control our atmospheres (at home, work, in our marriage, etc.) It was a great message for me to hear since lately my stressful work atmosphere has been taking over everything.

So, that was the start to my day and it was pretty awesome. I feel refreshed and renewed. Then, I called Cathy to check in on her to see if she was feeling better. We agreed to grab lunch together and get a walk in at Riverfront Park. Lunch was delicious and we had a great walk and talk. I also saw Tye today when he came over to pick up the mattress and box springs we were getting rid of. He also handled a spider problem in the backyard for Jason. Then, I fixed up a great dinner and tonight, I am going to pick a movie and we are going to just chill before I head to bed.

Tomorrow, I am looking forward to training with Tye in the morning. Then, I am headed to a blood drive to donate blood. Then lunch with the hubby and picking up Chuck for a visit. It promises to be a busy but great day!! Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment