Monday, June 18, 2012

More Tattoo Work :)

My running tattoo is FINALLY up to date :) And I feel so much better...well, actually I feel itchy and I am peeling but I am thrilled to have the new flowers added!! I was due to get three of them last December but because of a conflict with my job at the time, I had to cancel my appointment. And then of course, I had 3 half marathons this spring that I needed to add as well. So, I got 6 flowers done which really tested my love/hate relationship with Matt :)

Matt Terry at Fu's Custom Tattoos  is freakin' amazing!!! In fact, I love his work so much that I am not certain I would allow anyone else to ink me!

I had so much fun getting my new flowers added. This was the most intense of any of my tattoo sessions because I had so much work done...like 3 1/2 hours of work! Granted I was there much longer than that because the drawing and placement takes a bit of time and then you have to get some breaks in every now and then. All in all, it was amazing and I had so much fun hanging with Matt and goofing around while he inked me!! I would have thought that the work on my shin would have been the most painful, however, there was a mix of pain and a feeling of tickling that hit me! It was an odd sensation! The calf work which was at the end was perhaps the most painful of that tattoo.

And I have a new favorite place to go when I am up in the area. I always head to Solstice Tavern for burgers before my tattoo.  While I was getting inked, Tripp called and asked where would be a good place to get a cookie or brownie in the area while he and his mom were waiting on me. Matt mentioned Amelie's French Bakery  was amazing and that I should get a caramel salted brownie. So, I had Tripp bring one for me and one for Matt. Let's just say as someone who bakes, my brownies are way outclassed by the French bakery. However, if you have to be outclassed it is better that it be a French bakery to do it!!! My comment upon tasting this was "it's like heaven in my mouth!" It was delicious!!! So, now I have a new tradition for when I head up to NoDa for tattoo work :)

Custom tattooing is fun :) Not everything that is drawn is tattooed, but it sure is funny :)



Matt at work :)

New flowers

This is so much more amazing than I could ever have imagined!





No comments:

Post a Comment