Sunday, April 29, 2012

My M&Ms...Mayhem & Minion

                                      

Minion & Mayhem

Well, it's official. I am owned by two sweet little shih tzu puppies. I have been thinking about getting a dog for awhile now. When I was working at the nutrition store, I knew my crazy hours would be too stressful on a dog, so I decided to table the idea until later.

Over Easter, I saw my Mom & sister's daschund puppies and thought they were adorable. I even went so far as to ask if they had any brothers or sisters left at home. They did not. I then got a phone call on my way home from my friend Ann, who told me that her shih tzu's mom in Virginia had another litter. Ann knew that I had fallen in love with the breed. Her dog, Nani, has been such a little sweetheart and I adore her!  So, I told her to check and see how much they wanted for a puppy. Their cost was a bit more than what I was thinking, especially since you have to factor in travel to VA, shots & vaccines, etc. So, I started looking online and found these two sweet little darlings.

I immediately contacted the owner to see if they were still available and was pleasantly surprised that they were and she accepted my offer for both of them. She agreed to hold on to them for me a little while longer than she had intended because I had a half marathon to complete and couldn't pick them up until I came back. It would've been too much stress to have to take them to my friends after  only a few days of being with me.

So, when I got back from the Outer Banks, I was able to pick them up that night and took them back to my friends' house for their first night. We spent the next morning playing with Ann's shih tzu, Nani. She was so sweet with them, herding them, playing with them, checking on them. I felt bad taking them home without her with them.

We got home a little before Jason got home from work. When he came in, I introduced them and he was surprised how small they are and I think he kinda fell in love with them too, though I am not certain he will admit it. He has been good at helping me with them so far. In fact, he was watching them last night for me while I was watching the Verner children.

Minion

Mayhem
They went to the vet on Thursday. I absolutely loved their vet, Dr. Blaes. He was super informative and so helpful. And all the staff at the Banfield Hospital at PetSmart on Harbison have been awesome. They took awesome care of the girls while we were there and were even helpful when I came back in yesterday because Minion had been way more stressed out and was barely eating and up whining quite a bit. They helped me find a food to give Minion to get her eating and reduce her stress. It worked. She ate like a champ and they both slept well last night too :)


Mayhem Napping with the Froggies :)



Minion Napping




I am totally in love with the girls and would not trade them for the world. They were seven weeks old yesterday. So far, they have done pretty well adjusting. They occasionally use the training pads and not the floor. We get lots of play time and they are super spoiled :)  I am enjoying being their Mommy :) And I think they are pretty happy with me because when they heard my voice when I came in last night, they both ran to greet me with lots of kisses and cuddles :)

Well, time for me to get off the computer and enjoy some quality play time followed by some quality cuddle time with my girls :) All this cuteness is just amazing!!

Sleepy Girls :) It's Bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment