Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Love My Kids...


Okay, so I did not give birth to them and I am not raising them, but well, I am going to claim them anyways. I absolutely adore my sister's kids! There, I said it! This past weekend I was able to spend some good quality "Aunt Lissa" time and it was nothing short of awesome!!!

When I arrived at my sister's house, I had just pulled in and opened the car door and was greeted by my favorite 6 year old, Trent, running across the yard to me. He jumped into my lap and gave me the biggest hugs and kisses ever!!! It was by far the best welcome that I have received ever!! Talk about feeling completely loved and adored!! I asked Trent where his siblings were and he informed me that the others do not love me as much as he does and that is why he was the only one to run to greet me! I found that completely adorable :)

After my amazing greeting from Trent, I did receive several hugs and kisses from Trevor, Tyler and Kelsey. I also got lots of quality talk time with the kids. Friday night, Trent crawled on top of me on the sofa and looked through the pictures on my phone. He talked to me about my half marathons, lifting weights, and medals. He even picked out specific medals that he really wanted :) I love that kid!

Trevor and I talked about running and reading and a couple other things. He is big into football and also loves watching wrestling, so I got to hear about that as well! It's hard to believe how much he has grown up. I can barely believe that he is going to be 12 this year, but he is. He is so mature.

Tyler had lots to tell me. He usually does. He is a wealth of information both useful and useless...he chatters on like a chipmunk :) He is a good kid and has a good heart. He told me all about the fun that he has been having with their new puppies, Roxy and Rusty. We also talked about his Flat Stanley that I will be mailing back out to him.

And Kelsey, my sweet princess, and I had some good girl talk. We talked about manicures and pedicures, dresses and being a drama queen (her Tervis Tumbler says that and she found it awesome that I was drinking my coffee out of it!) She told me about her dance recital that is coming up. She is taking tap, jazz and ballet and she is really great! She is all legs and I look forward to seeing the video of the recital so I can see her dance!

My sister got married on Saturday in Virginia Beach. Her new husband is a great guy and a very welcome addition to our family. He also has a son, Brok, who is a great kid. I look forward to getting to know him better over the years and letting him know that Aunt Lissa loves him too! He and I talked a bit as well. He is very polite and also a very welcome addition to the family!

Aunt Lissa got a bit more quality time with Trent and Kelsey since they spent the wedding night with me in my hotel room. The two fought over who was going to sleep in the bed with me and I decided that since Trent was younger that he would. Kelsey accepted this but when it came time to go to sleep, she got a bit upset. So, Aunt Lissa decided to move the two double beds and make one really big bed so we could all sleep together. I couldn't bare upsetting either of them, so it worked out really well! I did however get to sleep in the crack for awhile and then both kids are such wild sleepers that I ended up getting smacked and kicked quite a bit throughout the night! It sure is a good thing I love them :) LOL

Anyways, I really enjoyed my time with the kids. I may not have any children of my own but these are definitely my kids. They have my heart and soul and I am completely wrapped around their fingers. Aunt Lissa would do anything for them.

When I was driving back Monday, I missed them so much. I also started thinking about when I could visit them again or if I could possibly convince my sister to let them come to stay with me a bit over the summer. I really hope that I can talk her into that one! Either way though, I need to get more time in with my kids!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for awesome neice and nephews! I hate that I have never met either of my nephews. :(

    ReplyDelete